You all must be seen business websites, do you ever heard about a personal website? Yes, a Personal website! You heard it right. You can have your personal website like any business website and this can act as your resume. In today’s technological world, printed resumes once handed over to the employer, become outdated, you can’t update them. hence, at this place, if you show your updated personal website to the employer, it will leave an impact.
Now, the question arises why there is a need for a personal website? Well, the answer is below:
1. Dynamic in Nature: A personal website is dynamic in nature. It is not static like a resume. Whenever you achieve any new milestone in your career, you can update the website, but this facility is not available in the resume.
2. Easy access: Having a personal website makes your presence on the internet and this can help others in finding you easily. However, the resume can be given only to a few people but with a website, you can reach to a larger audience.
3. Make you stand out: When you make your personal website, you gain some new skills called web Development. This skill can help you out as others may not be having this if you are applying for a non-technical job.
All in all, personal websites are an easy way to promote yourself as a brand. It will help you increase your visibility for clients, managers, or employers to find you organically.
Now, you must be having reasons why to have a personal website. Let’s start with the process of creating a personal website
1. The initial step to building your own website is to choose the right domain name and hosting. There are various ways of hosting a site. For example, you could simply make a free blog at Weebly or WordPress.com.
Choosing the right domain name is the foremost requirement. Because it will be your address so it should b simple and clean, must contain your full name with the domain extension.
Secondly, choose the web builder that works for you. Platforms like WordPress, Wix, and Weebly you can choose that offer many templates to create beautiful pages with custom content, fonts, and colours.
2. Secondly, it’s time to actually start building your website. If you have chosen a WordPress template, install the theme and start building the website. It’s a platform where you can build your personal website without any hassle. It offers a drag and drops CMS ( Content Management Software). You can easily manage the content and images on it.
3. Make your personal website secure
Before adding any content to your site, you should go through the quick process of activating your site’s free SSL certificate. Doing this will ensure that visitors automatically end up at the secure “
This will make your website more secure and increase its credibility. For example, if you look up in the address bar for any SSL enabled site, you’re probably going to see either a lock icon or the word “Secure” next to the site’s URL.
4. Start modifying the template to your requirement
Open the template that you have downloaded and start making changes to it. Firstly, start editing the content like your name, basic profile information and other basic details. Remove the modules that you feel are not required for your purpose.
Some points to mention while making your personal website
Your Name and summary should be on the Home page
Social media profile links must be attached
Add a profile picture to the website
Add all the information related to you.
5. Give your all social media handle details
6. Do SEO and promote your personal website. Make sure your personal website must be optimized and user-friendly. You should do some-self promotion also.
Also, if you don’t know the technicality of creating a website, you can hire a croxaint’s Web developer for your website generation and an SEO expert to do your website SEO.
To conclude, having a personal website is a necessity nowadays as it helps you to show off your best skills, certificates or any other achievements. There is an endless space to mention your all achievements and projects and to systematically with their relevant links with the help of a website.